Tvm: The Trivandrum based Asian School of Business (ASB) has announced the start of an ‘Entrepreneurs Club’ to foster innovations at their campus in Technocity, on the outskirts of the city. This was disclosed today at a press conference to announce the admissions to 2012-14 batch AICTE approved courses at ASB. Details about the various scholarships on offer to the students, especially for those coming from rural backgrounds in Kerala and from North East States, were also given.
Talking about the ‘Entrepreneur Club’, Rajeev Srinivasan, Director, ASB said, “We are probably the first business school in South India (other than IIMs) to offer incubation space for students. We want our students to be job creators than job seekers. While the incubation centre will be open for all, the priority will be for our students. We will have internal Business Plan competitions and the winners will be supported by us. The incubator will not be sector specific and each proposal will be taken on a case-to-case basis”.
G Vijayaraghavan, Member-Secretary, BoG, added that there will be a common pool of Chartered Accountants, Advocates and other support staff which the innovators can use. They will charge only 25% of their professional fees and the rest 75% will be in the form of equity or loan, to be decided by the Entrepreneur. The proposed Incubation Centre is spread over 5,000 sq. ft. space and can accommodate up to 60 seats. ASB will provide the incubation space for one year and after that they will have to move out to make way for new entrepreneurs.
After Technopark TBIC, College of Engineering (CET) and Kinfra Film & Video Park SEZ, ASB will be the fourth Incubation Centre in Thiruvananthapuram.
George M Thomas, Patron, ASB was also present on the occasion. The scholarships are being offered by George M Thomas Foundation.
Kerala IT News
|< Prev||Next >|