New Delhi: The Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) have launched new IT / web enabled initiatives to make distribution of domestic LPG more customer friendly and enhance transparency. Project ‘Lakshya’, initiated by the Government, focuses on greater customer empowerment, better subsidy administration, enhanced transparency in the distribution chain; along with a slew of IT-based customer service initiatives in the LPG business.
New Delhi: Crime & Criminal Tracking Network & Systems (CCTNS), a Mission Mode Project under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) of Government of India was formally launched on January 04, 2013. CCTNS aims at creating a comprehensive and integrated system for enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of policing through adopting the principle of e-Governance.
New Delhi: According to a Security Threat Report 2013 released by Sophos, a leading security and data protection firm, 80% of malware attacks in 2012 were redirects from legitimate websites that were hacked and 27% of all cybercrime was linked to ‘Blackhole’ exploit kit. Based on analyzed traffic, SophosLabs, Sophos’ global network of threat intelligence centres, has ranked India as the fifth riskiest county for experiencing a malware attack.
New Delhi: Om Books International has launched its latest publication ‘The Adventures of an Intrepid Film Critic’ by Anna MM Vetticad and its Digital version at RockStand. The digital edition of the book on RockStand will enable the readers to download the application from iOS, Android or Windows market and read this book Anytime, Anywhere! The launch was done by Sonam Kapoor on November 20, 2012.
New Delhi: The Union Cabinet has recently approved the National Policy on Information Technology 2012. The Policy aims to leverage Information & Communication Technology (ICT) to address the country’s economic and developmental challenges. The policy is rooted in the conviction that ICT has the power to transform the lives of people.
New Delhi: The Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DeitY) under the Ministry of Communications & IT, Government of India, has approved and notified two important frameworks to ensure effective citizen engagement and communication with all stakeholders using various offline as well as online channels including social media by government agencies and citizen engagement for e-Governance Projects.
New Delhi: The Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) today reaffirmed that the industry continues to be compliant even with the new emission norms proposed by the DoT which are one of the most stringent in the world. The telecom Industry in India has always been proactive to adopt and ensure compliance with the International safety standards on EMF exposure limits, upholding public health and environment as its foremost concern.
- MAIT asks for urgent implementation of e-waste management rules
- Reliance Globalcom to upgrade its European Network
- C-DOT RAX completes 25 years of induction in Indian Telecom network
- Microsoft unveils the new Office as a cloud service enabled by Windows 8
- Special incentive package to attract investments in Electronics sector
- Yahoo! India R&D sets up Grid Computing Lab at IIT Madras
- MTS all set to launch mPOS service - Mobile as Point Of Sale
- All Government Websites to migrate to IPv6 by December 2012
- Highlights of National Telecom Policy 2012 & Unified Licensing Regime
- TRAI launches online Telecom Consumers Complaint Monitoring System
- Datawind partners with GetJar, big bonanza for Aakash tab users
- Department of IT gets rechristened as Department of Electronics & Information Technology
- World IT Forum to focus on ICT for Sustainable Development
- I & B Ministry launches Digital India community on Facebook
- Subex wins fraud management contract from Idea Cellular
Page 1 of 10