Archives @ Kerala IT News

Thursday, Apr 24th

Last update:06-09-2013 12:32 PM

You are here: e-Governance e-Governance ++ Norka-Roots launch job portal for overseas employment

Norka-Roots launch job portal for overseas employment

E-mail

Trivandrum: The Department of Non-Resident Keralites' Affairs (Norka) has launched the ‘Jobs Norka’ portal to cater to the various job openings in the overseas employment market and thereby facilitate safe migration and help job aspirants reduce migration cost. The portal of NoRKA-Roots was inaugurated by Chief Minister Shri V S Achuthanandan at Trivandrum on December 18, 2010.

Speaking at the function, the Chief Minister said that the portal would come in handy to provide proper training and guidance for youngsters to exploit job opportunities abroad. The agency would also identify areas with potential for providing jobs in foreign countries and conduct training programmes. Norka-Roots plans to make presentations before around 200 recruiters in West Asia, who have registered with the Indian Embassy, to acquaint them with the new job portal.

Norka-Roots is engaged in creating awareness among workers on overseas employment opportunities, recruitment processes and also in training and equipping job seekers to understand trends in the international labour market and to develop skills as per global requirements. The benign motive is to create an environment conductive to safe overseas employment and to ensure the welfare of Non Resident Keralites and their families.

As an approved recruitment agency by the Ministry of Overseas India Affairs, Government of India, the job portal is an online platform for employers to hire quality talent and for job seekers to land their dream job. It is a forum built to bridge the gap between employers and job seekers, enabling them to exchange information quickly, effectively and inexpensively.

Jobs Norka (www.jobsnorka.gov.in) features a bouquet of products like Resume Database Access, Job Postings, Response Management Tools and Career Panning. The site is administered by professionals to check the authenticity and existence of each overseas companies registering with website.

Anil Philip
Kerala IT News

Comments (58)
1 Sunday, 02 January 2011 13:02
wants to know more abt overseas employment
2 Wednesday, 05 January 2011 12:09
am an gulf return. I would like to know how to apply for a middleast job thru the job portal
3 Saturday, 08 January 2011 16:07
Everybody wants the best. The best talent. Higly skilled and qualified. Well experienced.

Those having these atributes need no lever from a Govt. Organisation. The employers will be after them.

As aGovt. Organisation the aim should be to help those who do not have these super brilliance. Try to find jobs for all sections of the people.
4 Thursday, 13 January 2011 09:17
I hope to give good opportunities to all
5 Thursday, 13 January 2011 21:01
i wants to more about the civil site engineer vacancies of gulf
preffered in dubai.
and how to apply
6 Wednesday, 19 January 2011 11:55
I want to know more about the overseas employment. What is the procedure to register.
7 Saturday, 29 January 2011 11:28
thanks
8 Monday, 31 January 2011 21:17
I have 5 year experience as a SAFETY OFFICER in AL DARWISH ENGINEERING,DOHA,QATAR
kindly inform some safety officer jobs
9 Tuesday, 01 February 2011 16:34
I want to know, how can i register for gulf job vacancies
10 Saturday, 12 February 2011 18:58
I want to konw, how can me register for gulf job vacancies
11 Sunday, 13 February 2011 18:42
i hope this is help full our youth , i wish all the best
12 Monday, 14 February 2011 22:23
Is it advisable to go abroad for employment on the basis of a letter of Indent only.
13 Tuesday, 15 February 2011 07:25
i desire to know how to apply for jobs abroad through the job Portal.Please clarify.
14 Tuesday, 15 February 2011 18:28
I am an MBA graduate in HR & Systems, My UG is BSC ELECTRONICS and I have a diploma in Computer hardware & networking. with 1 yr experience. Please tell me aout some suitale jobs in gulf..
15 Thursday, 24 February 2011 10:22
Its fantastic for all job seekers. I would like to know Data Entry Operator Vacancies in Dubai.
16 Sunday, 27 February 2011 17:22
im a final year dermatology pg student,expected to be completed my course by june 2011.completed mbbs in 2001.i wish to know about the job opportunities for a dermatologist abroad.
17 Monday, 28 February 2011 18:57
Iam in dubai with visiting visa.I have 7 years worked in emerates petrolium product copany dubai(2000-2008).I am a chemistry graduate.I have UAE driving licence .Now i want job what i do

Regards
Ajayan Arangt
18 Thursday, 03 March 2011 08:15
I am a P G student.I know Arabic and English,also completed D C A. I would like to know about the vacancies of secretaries in gulf ,and how can register for gulf jobs.
19 Thursday, 03 March 2011 11:44
I want to know about vacancy of special education in gulf
20 Thursday, 17 March 2011 19:30
I AM AN EX INDIAN AIR FORCE PERSON HAVING SERVED FOR 20 YEARS IN AIRCRAFT TECHNICAL FIELD AND ABLE FOR ADMINISTRATION CONTROL AND FOR INVENTORY CONTROL. HAVING ENGINEERING DEGREE AWARDED BY INDIAN AIR FORCE UNDER MINISTRY OF EDUCATION. HAVING A POST GRADUATE DEGREE IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION AND HAVING PG DIPLOMA IN PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT AND INDUSTRIALIZATION HAND HAVING CERTIFICATE IN INDUSTRIAL SAFETY ETC. PLS MAIL ME THE VACANCIES FOR ME .IN ADMN, H R FIELD AND OTHER FIELD
21 Sunday, 27 March 2011 16:46
I m a final year b.com student of calicut university, expecting my result..As I m a fresher, can I get any job opportunity in gulf, especially in Qatar..?
22 Friday, 01 April 2011 14:58
I want to know, how can i register for gulf job vacancies
23 Friday, 01 April 2011 19:24
I am a P.G.,B.Ed. holder having 5 yrs of experience as a teacher in a CBSE school at malappuram. I wish to work abroad as a teacher.I wish to know about the procedure of sending the application and the suitable job vaccancies.
24 Wednesday, 20 April 2011 21:22
how can i register job abroad .i am having two years work experience in saudi arabia
25 Sunday, 24 April 2011 18:25
I have 10 years work experiance with M/s Bengal Tiger , White Plains,U.S.A have cirtificate in Food Protection Course and have valid driving license. Iam in Kerala. Pls. ibform me of any availability of job.in canada .
26 Thursday, 05 May 2011 18:43
i have completed 3year diploma in computer engineering , and also i have 2 year experience in similar field. now iam loooking for a good job in gulf, related to computer field, such as data entry , computer operator etc, how can i get this......? and how to apply ...? pls help me.........
27 Wednesday, 11 May 2011 20:56
I am a graduate and also a diploma holder in SANITARY INISPECTOR COURSE from AIILSG with second class how can i get a job out side India
28 Friday, 20 May 2011 20:49
i am gopakumar, worked in Al-Mumthaza Co-operative society in qatar as a cashier/accountant. i have 4 experience as a sales executive in UAE, i have 5 years experience as a operation manager in a 3 star hotel. nw i need a job. how i can apply for a job according to my experienence. kindly help me thanking you
29 Tuesday, 24 May 2011 12:55
I have been working as a highschool teacher for the last 9 years.My subject is English.My educational qualifications are MA-English,Bed-English,SET-English,CTEcourse passed.How I can apply for teaching job in Middle East?Pls help me ..........
30 Thursday, 02 June 2011 08:28
Sir,
I m presently working in Apollo hospital as a pharmacist. I want to work in UAE in any hospital as a pharmacist. I hav one year experience of pharmacist.2 years experience as an account.6 months experience as marketing agent in kotak mahendra.how can i get a job in UAE? Plz tel me
31 Wednesday, 08 June 2011 12:55
I am Arshad subair domiciled in kerala at aleppy.I got MBA in HRDM and also got my LL B.I have two and half year experiences in sales.Right now i am practicing as a Lawyer in here and also am searching for a apt job from abroad.
32 Tuesday, 21 June 2011 21:47
Sandeep,my son is a MBA hoder (Marketing) and has got 8 months experience in Retail Marketing. Wants to get a job in Gulf countries or Australia. Kindly advise.
33 Thursday, 30 June 2011 22:33
I am pharmacist , now i am working in general hospital in kerala iam very intrested to work in UAE so please help me how to register my name in norka
34 Friday, 08 July 2011 19:11
Respected sir,I passed my M.Sc in Applied fisheries and Aquaculture in M.G university,EKM.I already registered on NORKA ROOTS.But no response from there..I am very interested to work in European countries like Canada.So I am waiting for your response.
35 Monday, 25 July 2011 13:06
am a MBA holder in finance and HR and also having 1.4 yr experince in accounts.let me know how to get jobs in gulf countries
36 Wednesday, 03 August 2011 14:01
I am a B.A graduate . I have completed PGDCA from IHRD . Now Iam working as a Data Entry Ooperator in a reputed Engineering College.
I have a total experience of 5 years. Now I am looking for a Clerikal job in Dubai or Sharjah. I am waiting for your favorable reply.
37 Saturday, 10 September 2011 19:31
I am an electrician now iam working shift electrician in paper mill ihave total experiance of 13 years same industary .5years in uae paper mill iam loking for gulf job in any industary
38 Thursday, 15 September 2011 14:42
I am failed in plus two, i have completed central airconditioning diploma with first class. Now i am working one company in trivandrum as a air condition mechanic. Now i m looking for a aircondition mechanic job in gulf. I am waiting for your favourable reply.
39 Saturday, 17 September 2011 14:31
I HAVEA TOTAL EXPERIENCE OF 10YEARS IN CLERKICALJOB IN CO-OPERATION IN MARADU SERVICE CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETY LTD NO-43 AS A TRAINEE. NOW I AM LOOKING FOR AJOB IN OVERSEAO R KERALA IN BANKINGSECTOR
I AM A M.A GRADUATE.I HAVE COMPLETEDH.D.C.

17SATURADAY2011(SINDU)
40 Monday, 19 September 2011 16:00
Sir ,
I ahve five years of experience in NSICU , as a stsff nurse . How can i get a job in gulf countries
41 Monday, 19 September 2011 18:00
i have completed m.com and diploma in computer and i am working as a accounts manager in star hotel for last 3 years now i am looking for to go abroad
42 Friday, 23 September 2011 14:41
sirs, I am working as a lift technician in abudhabi. I am an indian citizen from kerala stae.my pasport no.G3543644. I have recieve a job offer from a placement agency.Tanisha Overseas Placements(TOP).Reg no.4671/DEL/PER/300/05/7255/2005. Rakesh sing ''Rocky'' ,414,Essel house,10,Asaf ali road,New delhi,Delhi,India 110002. .....The vaccancy is in afganistan. please send me the working status of that recruiting agency, And if any risk is in this recruitment? And also send me if any help to take norka in our recruitment process.
43 Monday, 10 October 2011 10:53
Sir,
I am working as a high school teacher ,dealing English with MA,B.ed,SET and CTE.I have been teaching English since 2001.I am looking forward for a better job in middle east schools.
Thank You.
44 Friday, 14 October 2011 23:23
Sir,
I worked as a high school $ higher secondary teacher ,dealing computerscience with MCA,B.ed MATHEMATICS,B.Sc STATISTICS, type writing english lower and word processing certificate, N.C.C "B" certificate. i have 3 years experience in similar field. now iam loooking for a good job in gulf, related to computer field, such as data entry , computer operator, computer teacher, mathematics teacher etc,
Thank You.
45 Saturday, 15 October 2011 20:19
Sir,
I had completed my diploma in Aircraft Manintenanance engineeering and has been working as progress chaser at JET AIRWAYS LTD Mumbai for the past 3 Half years.I'm Looking forward for a better job in Planning Section at Abroad in any Reputed Airways Organisation.Kindly Help me to get a Good post.
46 Thursday, 17 November 2011 13:03
My brother has got in to an agreement with a recruiting agency for going to Singapore to work as Electrician and signed a Contract .After entering in to contract we are in doubt whether the contract is genuine or not. Whether the Norka is able to verify the contract ? If yes, i will mail a copy of the contract .My phone no is 08489328566
47 Wednesday, 23 November 2011 13:59
Sir,
I have completed ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN GEOINFORMATICS AND HYDROGRAPHIC SURVEY (BATHYMATRIC) and also graduation in arts from calicut university. Now I am working at bangalore. Now Iam looking forward for hydrographic surveyor jobs . whether NORKA is able to find any oppertunities in this field , please forward through my email address ( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) or my mob no 09738730044
48 Friday, 16 December 2011 14:50
Sir,
I am trying to gulf job. How can I register in our NORKA ROOTS?
49 Saturday, 17 December 2011 18:45
Dear NORKA , we completed the job oriented skill upgradation course of norka at malappuram gems college. we hope a positive feedback as soon as possible on a gulf oppurtunity.
Yours faithfully
saleemvadakkan
msf state committee member
malappuram
50 Friday, 30 December 2011 09:32
Sir,
i am completed for draughtsman civil course , autocad civil software & tally,pechtree softwares. Need for any suitable job at gulf contries. Pls contact-9048130469
51 Friday, 30 December 2011 17:22
Pleas let me know more about TPG India who recruits teachers to US
52 Thursday, 05 January 2012 12:33
Sir,
I have completed B.COM & DIPLOMA IN FOREING ACCOUNTING. Now am waiting for my ICWAI INTER EXAM RESULTS. AS a fresher I need to know about the vaccancies in DUBAI. I wish to work in AIRPORTS, BANKING , or in any suitable firms in DUBAI. Please send me the feedback soon.
Please contact:8089191568.
53 Monday, 23 January 2012 13:24
I am ishaque , currently working in bahrain , but I want to go to U A E , so I want to know if have valid visa in bahrain until DEC 2013, so can i go to U A E, there is any problem to enter in U A E. I am planing to go april 2012, my company dont want to leave me thatswhy i am goinh to do like that, also I want to know more Accounts jobs
54 Saturday, 04 February 2012 11:24
want to know how to apply apply for a middleast job thru the job portal. Know i"m working as a O T Technician.
55 Wednesday, 22 February 2012 17:51
I have done my diploma and engineering in Electronics and communication and i am looking for job in any middle east country....please do reply....and let me know the procedure also
56 Thursday, 23 February 2012 12:14
I am electrician 20 years experience . Now working at Dubai electrical foreman.I industrial experience in 16years.
57 Tuesday, 27 March 2012 21:24
I am a national trade certificate holder. i have 4 yers experianced in RO plant operation,and waste water treatment plant operation and maintanance. now iam looking the the related jobs in UAE.
58 Monday, 02 April 2012 07:35
I have completed btech (IT) and 2+ exp in IT desktop engg. i am looking for job in any middle east country....please do reply....and let me know the procedure also.

Disclaimer & Terms of use

The comments published here are not necessarily endorsed by Kerala IT News (www.keralaitnews.com). All comments will be moderated and no comment deemed unfit for publication will be displayed. Though it is our endeavour to publish comments at the earliest, there will be time lag between submission and publication of the comment. The website reserves the right to publish or reject any comment.

Editor