Archives @ Kerala IT News

Tuesday, Jul 22nd

Last update:06-09-2013 12:32 PM

You are here: e-Governance e-Governance + ODEPC launches online job portal for job seekers in Kerala

ODEPC launches online job portal for job seekers in Kerala

E-mail

Trivandrum: An online job portal developed by the Overseas Development and Employment Promotion Consultants (ODEPC), a Government of Kerala undertaking,   was launched today by the Minister for Labour & Rehabilitation, Shri Shibu Baby John in Thiruvananthapuram. The ODEPC job portal (odepc.kerala.gov.in) will be a one stop portal for job seekers to register for being considered for recruitment it conducts for reputed clients from overseas and domestic sector.

Inaugurating the portal, the Minister said that the portal run by ODEPC will be a boon for the unemployed and those registered with the Employment Exchanges in Kerala. “The Government is focussing on skill development and ODEPC will be responsible for all placements in the State. Using this portal, ODEPC can play a major role in curbing the exploitation of migrant labours to the Gulf region. It is heartening to see that the portal has got tremendous response at the pre-launch stage itself”, he added.

Job seekers will have to register on the ODEPC job portal. To avail domestic recruitment services, there is a registration fees of Rs.100 and for overseas recruitment services, Professionals / Post Graduate will have to pay Rs.600, Skilled / Semi skilled Rs.250 and Last Grade / Unskilled Rs.70. After registering online, a print out of the application form and the Demand draft must be sent to the ODEPC office. The registration is valid for two years only and can be renewed later by paying the required fees.

The Registered profiles will be searched and shortlisted for various job opportunities with the ODEPC clients. Apart from this, Employers specific requirements will also be posted with the details of Jobs. Job seekers can apply for those jobs. The Job portal will help the Job seekers to update the profile by their own and to keep the profile updated. ODEPC will conduct recruitment processes through Job Fairs, Group Interviews, Written tests as deemed fit for the vacancies and employers.

Dr. Keshava Swamy, Centre Head, TCS, Trivandrum; Anil Xavier IAS, Secretary, Labour, GoK; T T Antony IAS, Labour Commissioner; K Biju IAS, Director of Employment & Training; Binu Sankar, CEO, GTech and G L Muraleedharan, Managing Director, OPEDC were among those present on the occasion.

Kerala IT News

Comments (10)
1 Thursday, 09 August 2012 12:44
VERY GOOD ATTEMPT
2 Friday, 10 August 2012 15:45
my oualification isplustwo and diploma in dataentrytechniques abd certificate of computer hardwareassembly and maintenence.any vacancies are there reply inthis number9539528421
3 Wednesday, 12 September 2012 23:21
This is a best firm in our modern world
4 Tuesday, 27 November 2012 21:58
Good to hear the news as it will be very much helpful for youngsters and job seekers like me.
Sir/Madam
I have completed my diploma in electronics and have a working experience of 9 months at an ITC as Electronics and Electrical instructor,so if there exist any vaccany depending upon my qualification please do contact me,will be waiting for your reply.
5 Monday, 24 December 2012 15:20
im cmpltd my bba degree ....nw im lookng fr a job in abroad.....already one year experianced in administration field....any job vacancies ...pls inform my email or mob..9995975705
6 Wednesday, 02 January 2013 09:59
i have 3 year experience in accounts payable in ibm bangalore am seraching now abroad job
7 Friday, 05 April 2013 21:12
i am completed bsc nursing degree and i have 1year of proffessional experience of 1year in icu.maharashtra..can i get a opprtunity to work in gulf countries..
8 Wednesday, 19 June 2013 17:49
I have completed GNM course and I have 5 year experience in icu.I am looking for good opportunities in abroad.If any vacancy please inform me .
9 Thursday, 18 July 2013 18:47
Sir,
I'am a B'Tech ECE Fresher with basic computer software knowledge,so if there exist any vaccancy depending upon my qualification please do contact me,
10 Friday, 06 September 2013 12:32
good news
sir,
My brother who is good in language(hindi,english,arabic) seeks job as a driver in dubai/qatar, having working knowledge in the same field in dubai and saudi and have saudi licence. If vacancy is there please contact in this number 9961262717

Disclaimer & Terms of use

The comments published here are not necessarily endorsed by Kerala IT News. All comments will be moderated and no comment deemed unfit for publication will be displayed. Though it is our endeavour to publish comments at the earliest, there will be time lag between submission and publication of the comment. The website reserves the right to publish or reject any comment.

Editor