Tvm: The Health Department of the Kerala Government has launched the Kerala Emergency Medical Services Project (KEMP), a project supported by National Rural Health Mission (NHRM) to render emergency medical service to those who meet with accidents, health emergencies and disaster related mishaps.
A state-of-the-art call centre and control room of KEMP at Technopark was inaugurated by the Health Minister, Smt. P K Sreemati today. All the services of the call centre are managed by Ziqitza Healthcare. The call centre will be operational from 7 pm tonight.
Talking to Kerala IT News, Radheesh V, Operational Head, Ziqitza said that Doctors and Police Officers will be assisting the agents in the KEMP Call Centre. The 108 call centre in Technopark is the first PPP model venture of Ziqitza. The 18 seater call centre has two ISDN lines to manage 30 incoming calls. The Automatic Vehicle location and tracking software is equipped with GPS, GIS & GPRS Network to enable immediate response to a distress call.
KEMP is a pilot project in Thiruvananthapuram district with a fleet of 25 advanced life saving ambulances covering the rural and urban areas of the district. This pre-hospital Emergency Service is accessible to all the people through a 24x7 toll free number 108. When a call is received, the nearest ambulance will be located by the control room and will be dispatched immediately to the location with the help of the information provided by the caller and with Geographical Information System.
According to Pradeep Kumar, Chief Engineer, NHRM, the project is being launched at a cost of 10 crores. The NHRM will bear 60% of the operational cost and the remaining 40% by the Kerala Government. In the next phase, the scheme will be introduced in Alappuzha with 25 ambulances.
Kerala IT News
|< Prev||Next >|